29 Apr 2017

Less is More #326 - Shadow



Hello there my lovelies! Are you all well? Hope you are getting a little bit of sunshine wherever you are.

So...Saturday already, eh? That means it is time for a new clean and simple Less is More challenge and here is the cue card for this week.


http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

We're joined by the amazing Jane from Purplejetlovestocraft as our guest designer today and her card is just sensational! Please do visit her to leave her some love.


Well, I have 3 cards to share with you so let's just get on with it, eh?


1) Shadow Words


I got this fab stamp set a while back and this is it's first outing. I absolutely love it because it has some brilliant shadow stamps in it.
This is a 5 minute card with just a tiny bit of stencilling and stamping.


STAMPS: Altenew Shadow Play
INKS: Marvy Dee Gruenig blending blox in shades of orange, VersaColor 23 rose red, distress ink squeezed lemonade.
STENCIL: ClarityStamps
DIES: MFT Die-namics inside out stitch rectangle
OTHER: White card blank, lemon paper

I'm adding this card to the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More! #239 - CAS
Always Fun Challenge #3 - CAS
CAS(E) This Sketch #219 (I rotated it by 180 degrees)


The Crafty Addicts Challenge #35 - Anything goes / with option of CAS

2) Shadow bicycle


Here is the stamp set's second outing. It took a bit longer to create this card (grins - all of an extra 5 mins!) but it was still put together in 10 mins. Perfect shadow stamps for the tree and bicycle!


STAMPS: Altenew shadow play
INKS: Memento London fog, Distress Ink squeezed lemonade
STENCIL: Claritystamp
OTHER: Colouring pencils, white linen card

This one is for:
City Crafter Challenge Case # 4 week 359 - Case the designer (I know your rules say no blog hops, but you do not mention DT cards so I hope that this one qualifies!)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesdays - Transport


3) All Our Dreams

Here I have fussy cut the image 3 times, once fully coloured, once in a block grey colour and lastly in a black colour, and off-set each image to create the shadow effect.



STAMPS: Lili of the Valley all our dreams
EMBOSSING FOLDER: Craft Concepts budding vine
OTHER: White linen card, green card, sequins, colouring pencils, distress markers hickory smoke and pumice stone, 3D foam pads

I'm entering this one into
Tuesday Morning Sketches #400

Tuesday Throwdown #340 - Embossing
Make My Monday #44 - Embossing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like my cards. There's plenty more inspiration from my team mates over on the Less is More blog - and probably a few extras on their personal blogs too.

Right - I'm off to tidy my jungle garden up this week ( I apologise to my muscles in advance!). Hope you have a wonderful week and that you get a chance to join us in this challenge.

Thanks for your visit! I do appreciate it.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

28 comments:

  1. Four inspiring cards - love them all! I'm so jealous of that shadow set from Altenew... what a fab set of images! Loving the bright colours and modern feel of the first card, and the second card shows what awesome scenery can be built with the stamps <3 Your baby card is my absolute favourite shadow though, with the triple layered image and super neat fussy cutting! Gorgeous! Have a lovely weekend in the garden and don't work too hard! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trio of yumminess and sunshine Sharon! Love each of your shadow examples. You've certainly showcased that Altenew set to the max here ... looks like another one for the wishlist. Thanks for THAT! LOL! Have a great weekend and hope it's not too sunny in the garden for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine shadow stamp is awesome! Perfect for a CAS card! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Good Luck! :)
    Annabel - Crafty Addicts DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw our theme this week, I immediately thought of that Altenew set which I have been dithering over for some time. I so wish that I had got it now as your cards are fabulous, Sharon! I love the bike leaning against the tree - what a lovely scene. The way you have created the shadow with the layered image on your third card is inspired too. Have a fab weekend - don't work too hard in the garden x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards, Sharon. Lucky you to own that shadow stamp set. So perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! The shadow stamp of the bike is amazing - I love the texture you created with the linen style finish on the card as well :-) . Nice to meet you at Try it on Tuesday and wishing you a great weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been busy! These are all perfect inspiration cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet baby card! Glad you could join us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all wonderful!! I love the shadow stamps!! And the baby card is adorable!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous set of cards. I love them all and your CASE of Marina's card is brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB; good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet you were jumping for joy when you saw this challenge and knew you had that set! What great images, I've not seen it before. Love the bright colours on your first, perfect for that sentiment. The bicycle scene is so peaceful and the shadows look great. I love your triple layered technique on your last card, fantastic effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh woooww thre adorable cards
    the last one I love your idea with the image so swwettt and great used the sketch too
    the second card woooww tha shadow under the bike is stunning did you drew it? LOVE!
    the first card for ATSM is beautifully done too and love again your shadow stamp there...
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika
    PS: would be thrilled if you like to visiting my DT card..happy sunday from Munich

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful card....so fun of sunshine! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three wonderful cards! The baby card is darling, the embossing and image look terrific together. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three lovely cards and I love your sunshiney scene. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been a busy bee Sharon or I should say you are the queen of the beehive ! It's a fabulous array of cards. Love them all. I will not thank you for presenting us this fabulous Altenew shadows stamp set, now I want it too ! My favorite one is the baby card. What a clever idea to add a layer of grey paper, it add even more dimension ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards for LIM xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh Sharon. You have come up with three amazing cards in such a short time. Love them all but my favourite is the bicycle as it makes me think of a beautiful sunny day....not something we've had many of this year. I think I'd be sat next to the tree wth a glass of vino in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards here!! I adore your take on Marina's card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love your creativity! From one Sharon to another!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with the bicycle with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  22. sweet cas cards, luv the designs! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful projects linked to Try It On Tuesday! Thank you very much for participating!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fabulous card and I love the shadow stamp.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very beautiful and crisp card

    Thank you for sharing it at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are super cute!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.