6 May 2017

Less is More # 327 - Grey and Yellow


Hello there!

Wow - we have a busy week at Less is More this week so I'll be brief but try to mention everything.

Firstly - Welcome to our new teamies!!!! We have 3 really inspirational ladies joining the design team today, and in alphabetical order they are:
IZZY from Izzy Scrap NONNI from Nonni's Handmade Cards TRINA from My Crafting Closet
I know you will all give them a warm welcome to the team.

Secondly, it is the first challenge of the month so we have a new sponsor for May
http://www.uniko.co.uk/

and Bev has joined us as guest designer this week with an awesome card made with some of her stamps.

Thirdly - Hello to my new followers. I am so happy that you have chosen to follow me - Thank you. Please leave me a little comment some time so that I can come over to visit your blogs too.

Finally, but certainly not least. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my teamie Anita

As it is her birthday tomorrow she has chosen her favourite colours for our colour challenge this week:

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/


Phew!
.....and I still have 3 cards to share with you.

1) GREY and YELLOW Majestic Flower


This one uses a lovely silver-grey pearlescent card for the card base and the flower is glittered and then encased in clear embossing powder. That trick is handy for people who do not like the mess that glitter can make. The grey base makes the yellow flower look more of a lemon shade.

I'm going to pop this card in at:
Always Fun Challenges #4 - Flowers
CAS on Sunday #107 - Glitter or Sequins - I used glamour dust glitter encased in clear embossing.
Through the Purple Haze #124 - Glitter
Time Out Challenges # 82 - Flowers


STAMPS: Altenew Majestic Bloom, Hero Arts Irreverent Birthday Messages
INKS: Memento London fog, Versacolor white pigment, Distress Inks squeezed lemonade, mustard seeds and hickory smoke
DIES: Dienamics inside out stitched rectangles
OTHER: Glamour dust, embossing pen, clear embossing powder, Grey card Distress Markers hickory smoke and pumice stone

2) YELLOW and GREY Organic Additions


Here I've swapped the ratio of colours around to be more yellow than grey. I love the variety you can get from this set and it looks equally good in two colours as it does when you use lots of different colours.

This one is for:
AAA Cards #89 - Bright and Beautiful
Incy Wincy Designs - Clean and Simple
The Paper Shelter #292 - Flowers



STAMPS: Uniko Organic Additions
DIES: Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders
INKS: Adirondak sunshine yellow, Memento London fog
OTHER: White card, yellow card, tiny gems

3) WHITE, GREY and YELLOW Leafy Stencilled Card


So to change it up even more I incorporated lots of white into this card and took the colour inspiration from the ATSM photo. I also used stencilling as a change to the stamping on the other cards.

And with this one I am heading over to:

Addicted To Stamps And More #240 - Photo Inspiration - I was inspired by the colours and flowers

Crafting When We Can #143 - Clean and Simple
Crafty Gals Corner #121 - Clean and Simple


DISTRESS STAINS: Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade
STENCIL: Imagination crafts
OTHER: White Card, Spritzer, Masking tape, Clear embossing powder, die cut sentiment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's lots of magic that has been worked on the Less is More Challenge Blog by the rest of the design team so I do hope you will pop over for some amazing inspiration.

Wonderful of you to pop by today and I hope you get the chance to join in and show us how beautifully you can use the grey and yellow colour combination.

Thanks for your visit.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

20 comments:

  1. These are sooooo lovely Sharon! What a great idea to emboss over the glitter on the first card. It's a fab look and also so practical, and that pearlescent card base is yummy! I love the Uniko Organic Additions set (great minds - one of mine uses it too!) and it looks so vibrant and sunny with the bold yellow colours, really appealing. And the third card really packs some impact with the dramatic grey strip offset by the pops of yellow stenciling. So stylish, so fab! I love it! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally went 'ooooh, ahhhh' when looking at these! LOVE that first one with the glossy glittery bloom on the shimmery card base. I used to use pearlescent card a lot, I really must dig it out of my stash. Love the Uniko stamps in grey and sunny yellow, so cheery. And the dramatic vertical strip on your last card just pops against the white. Wonderful inspiration here, Sharon, and thanks so much for the Happy Birthday wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! What a gorgeous colour combo, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid and so creative, as usual, Sharon ! I've never thought about embossing over glitter, what a beautiful result over this silver-grey pearlescent card ! Thanks for the tip ! I also love your two other cards and especially the one with the UNIKO floral heart ! It is so bright and eye-catching ! I'm not really a yellow lover but I admit that combined with grey it is absolutely gorgeous ! Thanks so much for your warm welcoming words here on your blog and also on mine ! I'm also very happy to be among this amazing team ! Have a lovely WE ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just scrumptious, Sharon! I love the elegant majestic bloom on the pearlescent base and the Uniko floral heart looks so contemporary in yellow and grey too. The leafy border on your third card is a CAS classic. Such great inspiration. Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, but then your creations always are! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards with one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All so different and all beautiful cards, Sharon. My favourite is your last one. Great stencilling and love the diecut sentiment. And what a idea to make your own glitter EP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy, excited and thankful to be your team mate, Sharon! :) 3 wonderful cards and so different all of them... Amazing job! I love the fun curves in your second card -so eye catching, I want to remember this for my future CAS designs! The first card is so so elegant... And your third example has a wonderful artsy look, yet so CAS and striking. Amazing how different the color combo can look executed with different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm here! Late sorry Sharon but hope you'll excuse me ... busy with a Uniko Craft show yesterday but I'm glad you sorted the order out! I could feel your pain when Bev showed me the email and I offered to buy them for you and sort it later but it worked! Yeah! Anyway you've been super busy with the colours this week and each one eye-catching and inspirational. Love them all and thrilled to see the Uniko set in use and over at AAA Cards too. Have a wonderful week teamies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely beautiful. The colour combination is one of my faves. I love what you did but I think the second is my favorite. . Thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards, loving the orange flowers on the 2nd one. Thanks so much for playing in our Flowers challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three beautiful cards Sharon. All of them work perfectly with the yellow and grey combo. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! I love the color combo, and elegance of the embossing. Thank you for joining our challenge over at The Paper Shelter. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your cards are very pretty! Thank you for playing with us at Crafting When We Can!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - ALL three cards are DELIGHTFUL!
    LOVE your pretty colour combo and elegant designs, especially your 3rd card!
    Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharon - what a beautiful card - I love how CAS it is! Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this - So sophisticated with the stencilled strip and die cut sentiment.
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of the embossed flower on the pearlescent card stock - so elegant! All three of these are so lovely to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all these pretty cards - especially the first one - I can just imagine how that cardstock must shimmer and shine in real life! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats for your HA mention at ATSM ! x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.