3 Jun 2017

Less is More #331 - Neapolitan



Hi! Great to see you.  Well, that's another week flown by and we are at the start of another new month - not only that, it's the 6th month in the year so we're almost half way to Christmas again. How on earth did that happen so quickly!!!!

As it is a new month, there is a change of sponsors at Less is More and for the whole of June we are sponsored by

http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/


And the owner of Stamplorations, Shery Russ,  is our guest designer this week. Please pop over to see the fabulous card she made for us.

So, the new challenge is a colour challenge and we've picked those lovely strawberry, vanilla and chocolate colours of Neapolitan ice cream. Well, it is the start of summer over here in the northern hemisphere so those are pretty apt colours for this time of year.

https://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/ 

I managed to make 3 cards again this week.

1) Shake, Shake, Shake


....shake, shake, shake.....shake your booty! (sorry if that song ends up in your head all day!) Those Neapolitan colours also remind me of milkshakes. I didn't have any milkshake stamps so I made a fun little shaker card instead using one of the new stamps that I recently received. This particular stamp was a present from....well, you know who you are, so I made this to say thank you so much! Your generosity is really appreciated.



I simply coloured with promarkers and added a bit of stickles and beads to complete the card. I die cut the 'thanks' twice in chocolate and ivory and offset the two to give the impression of highlights.

I'm going to pop this in at:
Crafty Cardmakers #189 - Floral Profusion (hopefully I'll sneak in at the last minute!)
Inspiration Destination #123 - Anything goes with a twist of a shaker card
Passion for Promarkers #397 - Make a kinetic card
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Going around in Circles



STAMPS: Uniko Background blocks doodle flower
PROMARKERS: Pale Pink, Baby Pink, Cerise, Vanilla
OTHER: Ivory linen cardstock, beads, acetate shaker foam

2) Neapolitan Stripes


Deckchairs! Stripy seaside deckchairs.

Yes, thinking of Neapolitan ice cream reminds me of summers in the UK and stripy deckchairs on the beach. Here I used masking tape and swipes of ink on the base card to give a stripy look that reminds me of those seaside deckchairs.

Then the splatter stencil gives a perfect representation of the splotches of dripped ice cream that always ended up on my dress.

I'm heading over to the following challenges with this one:
Addicted to Stamps and More! #244 - Clean and Simple
Crafty Creations #342 - Anything Goes




STAMPS: Stamplorations Journey
STENCIL: Artplorations Art Splatters
INKS: Versafine vintage sepia, Versacolor 33 pink, Versacolor 56 cinnamon, Versacolor 54 Brown
OTHER: white card, 3d foam

3) Using up the bits - 5 minute make


Finally, I made a super-CAS card that just uses the Neapolitan colours. This is inspired by all the wedding stationary and note cards that I've seen around lately. I used up a couple of the off-cuts from making a 3d picture earlier this week

This card is for:
Fairytale challenge #169 -  Things with wings
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter #296 - Make it digital (I made the text paper - please read below)



PAPER: I made it from a letter written by my great grandfather, it was scanned and the colours of the ink were altered using photoshop software.
DIECUT: Cut on the scanNcut
OTHER: Organza ribbon, gems, white linen card, pink smooth card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog to see the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the design team.

Thanks for visiting, and I really hope you get the chance to join us.
It'd be really lovely if you pop by again next week too.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

19 comments:

  1. WOW, Sharon, 3 awesome cards ! Love to see how each other has been inspired by the colours ! I can see that most of us have been inspired with the ice cream itself, so I laughed when I read that you were inspired by the splotches of dripped ice cream on your dress ! 😄 Your shaker card is absolutely stunning, love all these little beads on this gorgeous doodled background ! And your last card is so sophisticated and delicate with this organza ribbon and the wonderful paper that you made with your great grandfather's writing ! They wrote so beautifully before, I have a recipes note book from my grandmother that I cherish because of her beautiful handwriting ! A lot of beauties to inspire us this week again ! Have a great weekend ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh so many yummy cards here Sharon, just can't decide which I like best! I do so love that pretty butterfly though ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun and fantastic card! Love the brilliant design. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great cards, Sharon. Love the shaker. The splotchy dripping ice-cream is so fun. And your last one is simply lovely. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Sharon. Love the warm soft colour palette. The seed beads in the shaker card look amazing. Thanks for sharing in our floral profusion.

    Can I ask in the future please that you add a permalink in your post to our actual challenge post and not just the front page of our blog, as per our rules.

    Good luck
    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Lin - I didn't read it properly. I assumed the link to your challenge blog was enough. Promise I will do better next time ;-)

      Delete
  6. The flowers have a really retro look in the shaker card... Thank you for sharing your card and joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Ooozing fabby, yummy, luscious beauty to the max here Sharon. WOW I could just eat that shaker card! lol! Only because those beads look like 100's / 1000's to sprinkle over ice-cream. The uniko floral background is so stunnning as the backdrop and totally inspiring. Love your stencilled one and apologies it's only when I added mine to the DT blog that I realised you'd used the same stencil. Your's is so much better. Have a fantastic week. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your fantastic trio of cards!! The first one is so girly and cute with those whimsical flowers and the shaker element and I love the artsy look of your second card. I loved to hear how you were inspired, how ice cream made you think of deck chairs and the stripes in them... Great thinking! Your quick make is very special with the words from your grand father. Amazing work with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautiful! I love the CAS design of the shaker. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...all of these three cards are amazing. You offer an amazing array of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've outdone yourself this week Sharon - they're all completely fabulous! Loving the shaker card with that incredibly pretty floral background and beads, and the wonderful font of the sentiment. The stripey background of the second card is awesome and one I might need to CASE! The splatters stencil contrasts so well with the lines for a super look. And last but definitely not least, your beautiful "wedding invitation" card with the subtle script stamping over the butterfly and pretty ribbon bow... lovely and elegant <3 A fabulous trio! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! I love the shaker card the most. So beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your cards - I can't decide which is my favourite. It's betyween the shaker and the journey card.
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three total beauties here, Sharon. I adore your shaker, so wonderfully feminine and I love the neapolitan beads. Your stripy background adds such great interest to the edges of your white space, and a great use of splats as ice cream. Loving your last card, it's simply stunning, and what a lovely way to use your great grandfather's handwriting! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful shaker card Sharon. I adore the colour scheme and your floral background is so pretty. The beads are a nice change from sequins too. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute creations, really love how you made the paper with the text on it digitally - so clever! Thanks so much for playing along in our Digital challenge at The Paper Shelter Challenge this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous cards, especially love how the pearls match the flowers in the shaker card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely to see you using and enjoying your Uniko stamps, what a scrumptious design and CONGRATS on your top 5 placing over at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.